Monday, October 6, 2008

Java Web Development... Where are the tutorials?!

School has started and I am beginning to get bogged down with work.

For one of my classes, my group and I are going to develop a web application with Java. This may prove harder than I first realized, with all these technologies we have to learn how to use, such as:
  • Hibernate
  • MySQL
  • Apache Tomcat
  • JavaServer Faces
  • JavaServer Pages
  • Java Servlets
  • All kinds of Java EE things

And we also need to figure out how to configure them all to work together nicely with each other and with Eclipse. Then we can write our webapp and try to get it up and running. But once we do, hopefully, we will have learned a lot about Java web programming, which is pretty important, given how the internet and computer science are evolving today.

I hope to get a useful tutorial up here soon, once I've figured it all out for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ICEfaces (based on JSF) has some tutorials to help you get up and running - http://www.icefaces.org/main/resources/tutorials.iface